My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Poems I Posted on Jody's Blog

Just a few poems to get you all started. Here are the poems I posted on Jody's blog. Hope some of you will participate.

Haiku:
Blogging has become
The Wailing Wall of our time
Problems on display.

Diamante:
Blog
Briefly, Summarily
Venting, Sharing, Exposing
Creative, Expression, Daily, Grind
Working, Carpooling, Cleaning
Lively, Unexpected
Life

Then one I didn't post there.

Another Haiku: (and then I branch out into some senryu-not about nature)

Help me to forgive.
Take this rock from off my chest.
Fill me with Your peace.


I yearn to be a
Channel of your love, so then
I can spread it well.

God is elusive
When I try to take the reins
I must let things go.

My downstairs bathroom
Is still torn apart. It's been
two months. Please finish.

My washing machine
Needs to be hooked up today
So my kids have clothes.

Wow, this is therapeutic. I could go on and on.

I need to get up
And clean my house. It's a mess.
But I have to go.

Maybe I'll blog completely in Haiku for the month of April. Do you think I could? Wouldn't that be interesting? xoxox

Oh, I'm back. I just couldn't resist a redneck haiku/senryu.

Tell the kids to wear
Their jeans at least twice before
They become laundry.

Always tell your spouse
That you love it when he cleans
Really gets you hot.

Chee-tos don't contain
Cheese and blueberry muffins
Have no blueberries.

Thank God for Ny-Quil
It stops my cough and gives me
Sleep and crazy dreams.

Morning coffee is
The greatest invention of
Modern man. Thank you.

okay, I'm really leaving this time.

I have to go to
The post office to send a
Late birthday present.

3 comments:

Diane said...

You, my dear, are a poetry goddess. Go buy yourself a crown and wear it around all day. You've earned it.

Dorothy said...

I quick googled 'how to haiku' and took my little notebook to doctor's waiting room, where I haiku'd a story to go along with my photos of the male and female swan I'm watching and photographing. It's fun. Thanks for your suggestion.

Donna Jones Koppelman said...

Oh, dorothy, please share! Post your poem! Let's me a community of poets and fulfill my lifelong dream! Look, I put myself out there, you guys do it, too!


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman