My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grateful Wed

It's quite warm here today, and we've been busy with company, etc., so I commanded a family napping afternoon. Everyone went their ways without a hair of complaint, and they're all still asleep. What a beautiful thing.

The kids received their teacher assignments. (Can you believe we're so close to school AGAIN?) It's been grand central station with my cell phone trying to find out where all their buddies are. Remember we're still at the cottage with no land line. Anyway, everyone seems pretty happy although I haven't found anyone we know in my youngest son's class. Maybe that's good. I just can't bear to think about school yet. I'm JUST settling into summer mode, it seems.

Okay, on to the important stuff today. Grateful Wed. Please be grateful with me. It's good for you, trust me.

This week I'm particularly grateful for
-Air conditioning. How did my grandmother live without it?
-Thai food. I just can't get enough of that peanutty soy business.
-Napping days. Snuggling up under a blanket on the sofa with a book? Perfect.
-My husband and our 16th anniversary we'll celebrate this Friday.
-My friend, Dorothy, who helped me find the perfect thing for our anniversary gift.
-Beth Moore. I'm going to a teleconference this Friday night, and man, do I need it.
-Harris Teeter. I can actually hear the angels sing as the doors open. It's the most lovely grocery store ever.
-Snapfish. Now if my order would just come in...
-My beautiful, growing children.
-Grace and mercy. I need them all the time.

Enjoy the rest of your day and be grateful!

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman