My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Houseguest Anecdote

Our ten-year-old daughter was very self-conscious about her hairy legs (well, actually it was just the darkness of the hair). At any rate, I didn't think she was ready for the whole razor thing, so I started her on Nair. It's the perfect liason between hairy legs and shaving, and she's done a good job with it. Plus, I don't have to worry about her cutting a leg off which I nearly did when I first began shaving. It is still stinky, for those of you who remember using Nair as a kid, but since we mostly shower outside at the cottage, it's a perfect place. Lots of fresh air and all.

Well, if you recall, we have a bunch of houseguests at our house, and last night one of them told the most hilarious story. He said he was showering away in our outside shower, thinking about how nice it was to be at the beach, the weather was perfect, he was showing outdoors (which is the best feeling ever), and trying to remove all the sunscreen-encrusted sand from his body. He looked up and there it was, "lotion hair remover." He said to himself, "They've thought of everything. I actually do have suntan lotion in my hair." Of course, it was the Nair.

But it all ended well. No actual hair loss. I've laughed so hard at that story. I just had to share it with you, my faithful readers. Houseguests can be such fun, especially when they're great friends like these folks. We're having a ball. WEll, I've got to run see who's having karaoke tonight, so we can make plans. xoxox

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman