My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer Fun

I'm trying very hard to just relax now. To just let things go. To take things as they come. To eat when I feel like it and to just enjoy the children. Why is this so much work? What is it about me that has to always have a project or a to do list? Am I completely neurotic? Okay, thanks for that therapy.

I took my kids to a birthday party today, and I got to see a lot of moms I've been missing this summer. It's interesting to see how many different ways moms spend the summer.
1. Tutoring mom- spends the summer getting the kids ahead
2. Traveling mom- spends the summer going from place to place
3. Camp mom- spends the summer transporting children to camp
4. Complaining mom- counting down the days...
5. Relaxed mom- doesn't plan from hour to hour, day to day, just lets it roll

I want to be #5. I really do. So starting today, I'm not going to plan anything beyond the day I'm on. I wonder how long I can actually do this. Is it even possible? Can you go from being a frenzied mom to a relaxed mom with a simple blog commitment? I'll let you know. Sometime. I'm not committing to a time. Good start, huh?

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman