I'm trying very hard to just relax now. To just let things go. To take things as they come. To eat when I feel like it and to just enjoy the children. Why is this so much work? What is it about me that has to always have a project or a to do list? Am I completely neurotic? Okay, thanks for that therapy.
I took my kids to a birthday party today, and I got to see a lot of moms I've been missing this summer. It's interesting to see how many different ways moms spend the summer.
1. Tutoring mom- spends the summer getting the kids ahead
2. Traveling mom- spends the summer going from place to place
3. Camp mom- spends the summer transporting children to camp
4. Complaining mom- counting down the days...
5. Relaxed mom- doesn't plan from hour to hour, day to day, just lets it roll
I want to be #5. I really do. So starting today, I'm not going to plan anything beyond the day I'm on. I wonder how long I can actually do this. Is it even possible? Can you go from being a frenzied mom to a relaxed mom with a simple blog commitment? I'll let you know. Sometime. I'm not committing to a time. Good start, huh?
My Mission Statement
I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.