My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Thursday, August 7, 2008

Grateful Wed

Yes, it's a little late again. Sorry my server was down last night for no apparent reason.

Today I am grateful for the following:
1. a fabulous beach day. Clear skies, cool breeze, clear, calm ocean water. Perfect conditions.
2. clear water at the beach yielded underwater visibility for the longest distance I can remember. We saw so many awesome examples of sea life. It was very cool.
3. Sunscreen
4. I get to pick up my ed from Camp Seafarer Friday. I can't wait to see her.
5. My flourishing garden. What's the line from that old country song, "There's just two things that money can't buy--that's true love and home grown tomatoes."
It's the truth.
6. The anticipation of writing in the fall
7. Looking at the moon in the telescope last night. So amazing.
8. Washing machines, dishwashers, and yet to be invented conveniences (clothing folders?)
9. Trash pick-up. Recycling pick-up.
10. My faithful Boston Terrier, Max, who licks my toes while I write. It's just enough to keep me awake on slow days.

Please add your own gratefulness, and be thankful. Have a great day. djk

p.s. Did anyone wordle?

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman