My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Grateful Wed- Time to count our blessings! Join me

What a day to be grateful. The temperature is starting to dip just a bit, it's getting dark a little earlier, leaves are spiraling down, ooo weee. Lots to be grateful for. Let's get started.
1. I am so grateful that my YS is finally adjusting to his new kindergarten schedule.
2. I am so grateful that we've worked out a solution for my YD's after school art scheduling problem. She loves art, and she's so good at it. She didn't want to bag it.
3. I'm grateful for all the out of town guests in our little town this week. I hope they'll put lots of money into our local economy. Plus, I just love to see them all enjoying Edenton.
4. I'm grateful that I attended Chautauqua this summer. It's completely refocused my writing life.
5. I'm grateful to have some fun writing projects to play with today. I LOVE my work!
6. I'm grateful to have a healthy family.
7. I'm grateful to have a husband who supports me and my writing habit. This business has a SLOW start-up rate.
8. I'm grateful for my children's teachers and their devotion.
9. I'm grateful to NOT be pta president this year, and I'm equally grateful that sweet Missie Watson is going to take things up a notch as an awesome new president.
10. I'm grateful for reconnecting with all my old friends on facebook this week.
11. I'm grateful for all the delicious books in the world.
12. I'm grateful for my darling Sunday School kids who teach me something every week.
13. I'm grateful to have just gotten a facebook message from my first real boyfriend, whom I adored for most of my adolescence. Glad to hear he's well, happily married and with a child.

My dear, precious readers. I just KNOW you have something to be grateful for today. Even if it's just one thing. Post it in your comments, so we can all rejoice with you. Have a great(ful) day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful to know you and to be getting to know your two sweet daughters better! Love your site!

Donna Jones Koppelman said...

Thanks for reading and BEING GRATEFUL. Come again.

Dorothy said...

I'm grateful that this weather makes me remember so clearly the years I walked to primary school and the years I watched my girls walk off to their early grades. I love remembering the feelings of new possibilities deep within my bones. I'm thankful I woke up this morning with a new determination to take steps to go after the publisher and editor I adore. I'm especially grateful for computors that save steps, gas and time by letting me so easily and speedily access information I want and need.
And too, I'm grateful for friends of all ages, especially ones who write lovely blogs that are just as good as a quick morning visit across the back fense.

Donna Jones Koppelman said...

Thanks for being grateful with me! :)

westva2nc said...

I'm grateful for my healthy family, a new promotion, and my lovely life in general. But this week, I am very thankful and grateful to have reconnected with you again, in more ways besides email:)

Donna Jones Koppelman said...

Congrats on the promotion! Thanks for visiting me here and being grateful with me. xox


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman