Well, in light of the exciting week, I will NOT be sharing a book review today, but I have a bunch of books to share, so stay tuned to my blog this week. I promise to get them out one of these days. Now on to Grateful Wed.
While some of my candidates did not win the election, I still feel overwhelmed with gratitude this morning, so here goes.
1. I'm grateful that my children were so into the political process this time. They're going to be good, responsible citizens who know the importance of educating themselves on the issues. I'm very proud of them.
2. I'm grateful for hot coffee after a late night.
3. I'm grateful for the political process, for a free country, for the opportunity to vote and let my voice be heard. And for the one time every four years, I am grateful for media coverage.
4. I'm grateful for the beautiful scarlet-tinged gold leaves that fall from the crepe myrtle onto my car windshield. Every time I get in my car, it's a lovely autumnal wonderland.
5. I'm grateful for facebook and the ability to reconnect with friends from way-back-when, even if they all give me hell for having so many children.
6. I'm grateful for healthy children, husband and parents.
7. I'm grateful for books, delicious, life-changing literature.
8. I'm grateful that I've made it this far in NaNoWriNo because I wasn't sure if I would....
9. I'm grateful for fabulous, supportive, and forgiving friends.
10. I'm grateful for a merciful Creator.
Have a wonderful day. You are loved! Please share your own grateful list in the comments if you are so inclined.
My Mission Statement
I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.