My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh, dear. I am behind. But ahead.

I just crossed the 24,847 on my nanowrimo log. Nearly halfway there. I'm not certain my story is lining up that way, but I can't worry about THAT. It's been a crazy week here, and I continue to be out of town at a conference with my husband where internet access is more difficult than you would think it to be in modern times. (Or at least for someone unwilling to pay $10 a day at the hotel!)Anyway, if any of my crit group members are reading this, please re-send your submission to me for this week because I can't access the subs from home even though I thought I could, and I want to read your new chapters!

I'm behind on this blog, dearies,as well, but please know how grateful I WAS yesterday even though I missed Grateful Wed. I hope you all were grateful without me. You don't need me to be grateful, you know. I'm just teaching you to fish! I'm also behind on my book reviews, can you believe it? Because I've been reading like a crazy woman, but just not sharing. How greedy can you get? I will try very, very hard to get back on track next week because I've missed you all terribly.

I will be traveling in some form or another until late Tuesday, so in spite of my apologies, you can't really expect my behavior to improve until next week. But on Wednesday, I plan to have lots of gratefulness to share.

One gratefulness sneak previous I'll give you is this: I'm meeting up with some great Chautauqua buddies and we're having lunch with Patti Lee Gauch on Monday. Wow! I'm nervous and excited and terrified and excited and well, you know, I can't wait. AND I look forward to sharing it with you.

My novel is interesting. This NaNo thing is interesting. I predict it will change my writing habits forever, and for the better. Consider it for next November. But it's hard, crazy hard.

It's so interesting to travel with a bunch of people, you learn so much about different personalities and how they respond to things. Fun to watch. All day yesterday my fingers were itching to write.

This blog seems so boring to me, so it must be to you,too. I'll tell you a joke my 5YO told me yesterday. "Why couldn't the 10 year old boy go to see the pirate movie?" Give up? "Because it was rated AARRGGHH"

On that note, I'll leave you to your Thursdays. My children's picture book class is doing well, and I just sat down last week and read all the books by my professor, Dashka Slater. Check them out. I especially liked BABY SHOES and THE SEA SERPENT AND ME.

Have a great week. xoxo

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman