My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Grateful Wed NOT Grouchy Wed

That's what I keep saying to myself: Grateful Wed not Grouchy Wed. For some reason, I woke up with a real grouch on, but I'm working on it. First of all, I need to WRITE. I get so crazy when I don't write and the kind of editing I've been doing doesn't feel enough like writing. But anyway, I don't want to complain. I want to be GRATEFUL! Because goodness knows, I have a ton of things for which I can be grateful.

Today I am so grateful for:
1. the invention of Betty Crocker brownie mixes. Making a ton of brownies for such is not so daunting with a trusty Betty Crocker mix in hand.
2. the invention of refrigerated cookie dough, already cut into rounds. Again, making a bunch of cookies is not so overwhelming. Thanks, Betty!
3. good teachers, great books, and family field trips.
4. the support of my awesome OM parents.
5. healthy children and patient husband.
6. my husband's trip for this week-end is cancelled, thank goodness.
7. orthodontics.
8. Dr. Hornthal, a wonderful dentist, who is returning to serve part-time.
9. the children singing at church tonight.
10. good friends.
11. my husband spending time with the boys last night--check out the results in my sidebar

What a wonderful, cozy overcast day. Makes me want to curl up with a good book, or maybe write one, eh? Well, I'm off to do JUST THAT. Please take a moment and be grateful yourself. It's an amazing mood lifter. OH, and don't leave this site until you've watched the JibJabs of my husband and sons.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman