I'm always overwhelmed at the thought of counting my blessings every Wednesday because I feel so incredibly blessed. I'm going to focus on some blessings that truly impact my life even if they don't get adequate press.
1. I feel blessed that my kids are so hilarious. Like yesterday when my 6YO took us outside to show us that our puppy, Ruby, had 'pooped a clarinet'.
2. I feel blessed that my husband is patient with my writing habit when the house is a wreck and I'm dancing around with a rough draft in my hand.
3. I feel blessed to have such talented and artistic friends; they inspire me in many ways.
4. I feel blessed to have enjoyed such a fabulous birthday this week and celebration last night with many beloved friends.
5. I feel blessed that my family tolerates (and sometimes even enjoys) my creative cooking endeavours.
6. I feel blessed to have Max and Ruby, my sweet dogs that I usually complain about although they remind me daily what worship truly means.
Of COURSE, I'm grateful for healthy children, healthy parents, the ever-amazing grace of God, and the beauty of spring...
Yesterday I had a very specific goal of working through a few kinks in my novel manuscript, but OF COURSE, I had a brainstorm for a pb manuscript that I hadn't looked at in a little while (intentional break). So what are my goals for today? Not sure yet. Off to write my artist pages. Have a great day, dearies. And BE GRATEFUL.
My Mission Statement
I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.