My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Grateful Wed- Time to count our blessings! Join me

I'm always overwhelmed at the thought of counting my blessings every Wednesday because I feel so incredibly blessed. I'm going to focus on some blessings that truly impact my life even if they don't get adequate press.

1. I feel blessed that my kids are so hilarious. Like yesterday when my 6YO took us outside to show us that our puppy, Ruby, had 'pooped a clarinet'.
2. I feel blessed that my husband is patient with my writing habit when the house is a wreck and I'm dancing around with a rough draft in my hand.
3. I feel blessed to have such talented and artistic friends; they inspire me in many ways.
4. I feel blessed to have enjoyed such a fabulous birthday this week and celebration last night with many beloved friends.
5. I feel blessed that my family tolerates (and sometimes even enjoys) my creative cooking endeavours.
6. I feel blessed to have Max and Ruby, my sweet dogs that I usually complain about although they remind me daily what worship truly means.

Of COURSE, I'm grateful for healthy children, healthy parents, the ever-amazing grace of God, and the beauty of spring...

Yesterday I had a very specific goal of working through a few kinks in my novel manuscript, but OF COURSE, I had a brainstorm for a pb manuscript that I hadn't looked at in a little while (intentional break). So what are my goals for today? Not sure yet. Off to write my artist pages. Have a great day, dearies. And BE GRATEFUL.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman