My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday, Monday

Wow! I've been gone a whole week. Did you miss me? I was on the road last week. First of all, school gets crazy this time of year. Any other mamas notice that? It's insane all the field trips, concerts, early release, field day, teacher appreciation, etc. events that dominate this last month of school. Just when I realize school is nearing an end (and make my list of things to accomplish before the kids are home for the summer!) is when I get too busy to do anything. When will I learn, eh? I think Easter should be my wake-up call next year. Can someone remind me? Because at Easter, I still have a couple of weeks before things start really cooking.

I returned yesterday from a trip to NYC with my mom and sister. We had a wonderful trip. I'll get some pics up soon. We saw 9 to 5, Dolly Parton's new broadway musical which was great fun. And we saw the ever classic Chicago. The cast and musicians blew me away. Astounding show.

Another one of the many highlights was Good Morning America. The darling Samantha Greene took us on a tour of the studio where we met Diane Sawyer and Chris Cuomo, we saw their dressing rooms, the green room, and so on. Everyone on GMA just oozed warmth and graciousness. I feel like they're all my new friends.

At any rate, a wonderful trip like that is so good for my personal perspective. You see these people in Soho walking down the street with their laundry baskets on Saturday morning, and I think, well, maybe laundry at my house isn't that much of a pain. And you see all these fabulous markets and restaurants, and I realize that I'm not THAT tempted where I live.

But most of all, it motivates me to get home and WRITE, WRITE, WRITE! Which is what I"m off to do now. I'll look forward to talking with you more this week about other trip highlights and the great book I'm reading now...Stay Tuned!

Oh, and hope all you moms had a GREAT MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman