My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pitiful Picture

Well, remember when my 6YO had a black eye then his first day back to school was picture day? Well, we got his pictures, and they have to be the most pitiful thing I've ever seen. The poor guy. And the first few days of his black eye, his eyes tended to cross sometimes (okay, stop laughing, I know this is SO redneck) which added to the pathetic nature of the picture. If this darling, precious, well-loved child ever goes into therapy to complain about me, THIS PICTURE will be the one he takes to garner sympathy.

My older son went back to school today, but he was still kind of puny. Hope he'll be okay. They'll probably take HIS picture for the paper or something.

I need a Halloween costume for a party we're attending. Help! Any ideas out there?

My husband's uncle's funeral is today in Minnesota. He was 53. It's so sad, and it makes me wonder, you know? IF I die at 53, will I have found my special purpose? (Okay, ha ha, not like Ol' Nathan in The Jerk) But seriously, at 53, I'll still have kids in college, maybe even all of them with grad school and everything. I'd better step it up because you just never know. Then, there's the eternal question: when you face your mortality, do you enjoy the heck out of things or go the other way and become a vegan runner mask-wearer? What if I was running vegan mask-wearer during the week and then enjoy the heck out of things on the week-end?

3 comments:

Donna Jones Koppelman said...

My apologies on the re-read. I should have named it "Poor Pitiful Post" . I'm trying to scan the picture to post for you.

Dorothy said...

So sorry about your uncle. That was too young.

alison moore said...

Poor Jon. I'm dying to see the photo.


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman