My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Friday, January 8, 2010

Be Grateful at all times, in all places, in all things

Hmmmm...that one's getting us today. I'm very frustrated to be flat on my back, but I do have a lot of things for which I can be grateful. Though I hoped and prayed for snow, we got RAIN. But still, let me have a little Grateful Wed moment even though it's FRI.
1. My dog wasn't sick again after that one episode AND my toilet never overflowed again after that (I'm not sure if I told you that part)
2. My sister started a NEW JOB yesterday after a lengthy search
3. My family is well--not sickness--and they've had a good adjustment back into school this week
4. The invention of heating pads and ice packs
5. My dear and helpful husband because he had to be in overdrive last night and this morning
6. The fact that I had chili in the freezer yesterday--yee haw!
7. I finished TWO picture book manuscripts this week!!
8. Only a few more weeks until my trip to the SCBWI-New York conference
9. After a MONTH of problems with our hot water heater, we finally got the right part yesterday and my DH FIXED it!
10. We have a roof over our heads and food in the pantry.

That's a heck of a start, eh? So NOW I'm in a better mood. How about you? Have you counted your blessings lately? Take a minute. It'll help more than you think.

Check out this hilarious picture of me on Christmas morning. Yep. That's how parents REALLY feel on Christmas morning after the busy and exhausting demands of the holidays. I'm just blessed that I got to LOOK like I felt, unlike the rest of you who hide it so well. Christmas is a wonderful, precious time, but it is a lot of work for moms. Check it out.

Have a wonderful week-end. You'll all be relieved to know that my boys are FINALLY getting haircuts today.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Let me know if help is needed with the back out! Hope you are up and at 'em soon! XOXO

p.s. great job on the manuscripts!


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman