My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Friday, January 15, 2010

Only in the 1980s

Last night my husband came home from work. I was standing in the kitchen and he came over and kissed me. My 6 year old said, "Stop!"
We both turned to him and asked, "Why?"
"Shouldn't you be doing that only in the 1980s?"
I was expecting him to say in private or in our room or something, but in the 1980s? What was THAT all about? "What do you mean, honey?"
"Well, usually people do that when they're YOUNG and you haven't been YOUNG since the 1980s." He walked off with his brownie in hand.
Hmmm...well, okay. We just cracked up.

I haven't officially announced it on my blog because things have been kind of crazy, but I do want to share some news with you. About a month ago, I signed with an agent at East/West Agency. She likes three of my manuscripts so far and will be pitching them to publishers soon. It's all very exciting, and I am thrilled and grateful to have this opportunity. This is a big deal for me to go into the next level of writing and publishing, and I pray that I will live up to the demands and requirements. I think I can, I think I can...

So my back is feeling MUCH better, thank goodness. I can walk around, go up and down the stairs and everything. Getting in and out of the car is painful, but for the most part, I'm just trying not to reinjure it. My carpool buddies were absolute SAINTS this week (thanks Virginia, Tracy and Natalie) and helped me with carpooling. Now the kids are out of school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so we're all set for some fun family time the next few days.

Have a great holiday week-end!

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman