My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's a blustery day

My day began with snow, big beautiful flakes of it, and large menacing clouds. Now it's sunny, and the wind is blowing about 40 miles an hour tossing limbs and other things around the yard. It's like those dream sequences in movies where the character is tossed about in the midst of a tornado-like wind. Well, that's me, trying to write as the wind whips about me. Don't get me wrong, I love it. It feels magical somehow, like the winds of change will take me to where I need to go. Like perhaps I need some more dramatic divine intervention to move things along. Hmmm...
How about a few weather haikus to liven things up around here?

Snow is falling all
Around us on the map, but
We're a spot of sun.

You teased me with snow
You taunt me with the sunshine
You move me with wind.

Clouds are in a rush
Flying on to bigger things
Leaving me behind.

Now your turn.

Have a great day. Write a few weather haikus. Looks like wherever you are in the U.S., there's a little inspiration just outside your window.

Take your heart and lie
It down upon the keyboard.
See what happens next.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman