My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's Fat Tuesday!

Sooo...Happy Fat Tuesday, everyone! What's your vice? Are you ready to blow it out today in preparation for your 40 day fast of something? We were talking to the kids about it this morning, and their take on the whole thing is always hilarious. I'll let you know what they decide to 'give up'.

So take a look at the conversation in carpool this morning.

ME: Who knows what today is?
THEM: Fat Tuesday
Me: And what's that all about?
Them: Pancakes! (you know, the whole pancake supper thing most churches have...)
Me: But why?
One kid: Because we like them.
Another kid: NO, because Jesus liked them.
Another kid: on the cross!
Me: He liked them on the cross?
Them: (silent, then finally...)Jesus said let the children come and eat (uh, wasn't that 'come to me'?).
Other kids nod in agreement.
me: laughing hysterically So if today is Fat Tuesday, what is tomorrow?
One kid: Fat Free Wednesday?

Driving the carpool is so hilarious. I can't even tell you.

My OM team is really coming together. I'm getting a great feeling about them. I don't know how to explain it, but they're just really connected and yesterday they were awesome practicing spontaneous. Although there were a few problems we'll have to work on again.

It's so cold today but just beautiful outside. Sunny and clear. Perhaps I'll go outside and skip about, just for the hell of it. It does seem like skipping weather. Too cold to stroll, running just seems so, I don't know, fast. But skipping? Just right. So if you drive by and see me skipping about, don't point and laugh. Stop and join me. Have a great Fat Tuesday.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman