My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, March 8, 2010

2nd in Region overall, Odyssey of the Mind team headed to State, back to writing

I need to get back to writing this week. All the OM craziness came right on the heels of the tour craziness, so my desk has never really properly resumed since the tour. So TODAY, my goal is to get my desk set up. SO I CAN WRITE. Don't get me wrong, I've been writing everywhere and on everything, but I really need to get back to an ordered space. Today. Now. Any second now I'm going to leap out of my chair and begin this daunting task....

My BABY boy turned 7 yesterday! SEVEN YEARS OLD! It's just ridiculous how the time has flown. I'm so proud of my four awesome kids, but I'm starting to panic. It's all just slipping away. Am I contributing to this world in a lasting way? Am I getting this parenting thing right? Aarrgghh! Am I so neurotic that my children pick up on it?

Anyway, all my six-year-old stories will have to be seven-year-old stories now.

About OM, I also have to say that my 9-year-old's team was AWESOME. I was so proud of them for taking 3rd in the region. My son PROUDLY wore his OM shirt and medal to school today.
I was proud of him up there in all his bare-legged glory performing an Irish jig in a kilt. He was hilarious. (and of course, it's always even funnier when it's your kid) Chowan County took two more 1st places, as well. Good stuff.

Okay, that's all I have for today. If I can get this desk set up, maybe I'll come back and edit this post because it's as lame as it gets. And I"ll definitely add some pics.

2 comments:

Liz said...

No doubt, your desk is surely clean as can be by now . . .
Great job with OM coach!

Anonymous said...

I am able to make link exchange with HIGH pr pages on related keywords like [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]bad credit loans[/url] and other financial keywords.
My web page is www.usainstantpayday.com

If your page is important contact me.
please only good pages, wih PR>2 and related to financial keywords
Thanks
infoneeClaiff


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman