My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, March 1, 2010

News Haiku- Do me a favor

My blog came close to hitting a thousand readers last month, the shortest month of the year! So do me a favor. If you enjoy my blog, will you share the link with a friend who might enjoy it as well? Help me break 1000 readers this month. It's easy to post the link on facebook for your friends to see or send it to someone. Even your mom. If everyone shares with one person, we might gain a few readers. And I promise to try to be read-worthy!!!

How in the world did it become March? But here it is, rolling in like a lamb, so you KNOW the month will close like a lion. Remember when we were in school, and we made lions and lambs to show the beginning and end of the month? I was all about that kind of thing. AS a matter of fact, I've got a hankering to make a lion and a lamb this morning, probably out of paper plates, with a place for my face in the middle. Cotton balls for the lamb, of course, and some yarn for the lion. With cute ears, definitely.

We have four more nights until we leave for the OM competition in Rocky Mount on Friday. I feel good about the team as long as there are no catastrophes, but it is so subjective. The coaches could love them or hate them. Hard to say. Their 'artistic representation' is definitely an 8th grader's version of an artistic representation, so who knows if the judges will 'get' it or not. So I ask for your prayers for my team. They've got stiff competition at regions this year.

So today I'd like to haiku the news. What do you think about that? Lots of big news this week-end, so let me indulge in some news haiku. Feel free to join in on the comments.

The games are finished.
Nightly dose of glory gone.
Olympics inspire.

Some took home medals.
Some left with disappointment.
But all are heroes.

Earthquake rocks the world
Of Chileans. We look on
Helpless and shocked. Pray.

Healthcare at standstill
Debates like treading water.
Let's send Congress home.

Bring in some folks who
Work and live American.
No babbling poseurs.

Idols need to step
It up. Judges disgusted.
Votes weren't for talent.

Ellen adds nothing.
Who put her at that table?
Not even funny.

OM's upon us.
Healthy competition's good.
But we want to win.

Four teams from our town.
May they all come home with pride.
Have fun win or lose.

Math fair tomorrow.
My son won't talk to judges.
I hope he'll step up.

Have a great day. Thanks for reading! Write your own news haiku today! Stretch your creative self. And brush your teeth with your left hand! (or right if you're left handed)

2 comments:

Liz said...

Had to comment with a couple of haikus of my own . . .

Love Ellen but
Just the new Paula.
Not adding much.

Idols not good.
Sad Simon is leaving.
Still gonna watch.

Healthcare needs change
Why can't they see
Help needed now.

Adios!

Liz said...

More than a couple, I know. I thought of another there at the end!


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman