My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Day After

Well, our Odyssey of the Mind team came in a heartbreaking 8th in the state yesterday. Their long term problem did not go that well (for about a half dozen reasons) although it wasn't bad, it just wasn't their best. Then they weren't sure about the spontaneous... At any rate, I'm proud of my team and happy for them to have had a good season. And what great kids to spend part of their spring break in competition. The only way you can end an OM season happy is if you're first in the world, right? You always think you could have done better. Of course, as the coach, I'm obsessed over it all day, what I could have done differently, but now I need to let it go. Let me say the winning teams were incredible, just amazing, and well-deserving.

I'm most happy that everyone made it home safe and sound. I'm always on edge when we're moving that many kids and parents across the state like that. We had three teams from Edenton, so it was a big crowd.

I'm exhausted and happy to be home although my sofa smells more than usual, so I'm afraid that it always smells this much like my dogs and I'm just used to it when I'm home all the time. Gross. Guess I'll get right on that project. (Yawn) Gotta get back to writing tomorrow, too, although I'll definitely have to do it in another room. And the dogs haven't even been here for a week! Okay, all you people who know me and come to my house, if you come in and smell the dogs, tell me. I'll thank you. Really.

I'm reading THE POSTMISTRESS. Can't remember the author right this second but I'm mesmerized. More after I finish it. Hope Chris remembers to bring my kindle cord home from the beach or I may not get to finish it!

See you tomorrow when we Haiku the news. Thanks for all the emails, thoughts, texts, and prayers about OM. You are all awesome. Go Odyssey of the Mind!

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman