My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's a Dazzling Day

On a beautiful morning, it's hard to imagine that anything is wrong anywhere in the world. So I'm going to haiku the Sunday New York Times for you with one caveat: The front page is missing!! Which is what I usually focus on, so this week's Haiku the Sunday Times may have a little more flavor and a little less hard news.

Main Street disgusted
With Wall Street. Finance reform
Finally gets traction

On Capitol Hill.
Everyone would like to chop
Down the big fat banks.

Ticketmaster and
Live Nation merged. Seeing a
Concert? Well, good luck.

The Great Ash Cloud of
2010 Will be
Recalled with grumbles.

Hey! Don't take my D
NA and say TOP SECRET
Then violate me.

Tax money at work
New 100 dollar bill.
Unified design.

Yawn. Why can't we just
Give Benjamin the boot and
Add the Rolling Stones?

Yoga's new rock star.
Your Zen within just might be
Mediocrity.

Lots of great new books coming out in May. I can't wait to tell you all about them.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Trying out a new font, eh?


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman