My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, August 30, 2010

Haiku the Sunday New York Times

While I love to read the NYT cover to cover, it takes me part of the week to read bits and pieces amidst my busy schedule. I know YOU have busy schedules, too, so as my gift to you, I'm going to give you the most condensed version of the news highlights possible--in the form of Haikus.

Obama struggles
To connect with the men in
Uniform. Too bad.

Only new start-up
Bank in the U.S. resides
In a doublewide.

Alzheimer's remains
Elusive disease within
Medical circles

Corruption and lies
Make President Karzai's job
Tough. Afghanistan.

Jamshed Dasti lands
Position in Pakistan
Parliament. Shake up.

Dr. Paul DeBell
Has been around through the years.
Reincarnated.

Someone wishes he'd
Said no to reality
TV? No kidding.

Emmies coming. What
To wear? Yes, lots of people
Care. Watch the replays.

Remaking "Arthur"
Should be fun but just can't beat
Dudley Moore. Classic.

Cafe Racer in
Trendy Seattle music
Scene. Where Jazz is king.

Buckle down 'cause we
Might see Earl come swirling out
From the sea. Prepare.


Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Jody Mace said...

These are awesome. I'm so much better informed now.


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman