My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, September 20, 2010

All the News that's Fit to Haiku

I was thinking this morning that probably the best way to illustrate the strangeness that is me is the fact that I actually look forward to Haiku the News every week. Go figure. So I thought I'd branch out a bit with a new, experimental Haiku this morning. I will still follow it with the news (so fear not), but I want to shake things up a bit.

Haiku the Grocery List

Baking soda eggs
Yogurt Broccoli Milk Grapes
Keep kids clean and fed.

The News

Judge in St. Louis
Knows the tab before sentence
Affect on verdict?

Cascade detergent
Makes the front page. It reduced
Phosphates. Now it sucks.

Sal Russo raising
Eyebrows pouring lots of cash
Into Tea Party.

Bloomberg dismisses
Tea Party as passing fad.
Yet he campaigns hard.

Drug testing's two sides
Experimental group gets
drugs. Control group none.

The Millenium
Development Goals to end
Poverty. Needs plan.


Venezuelan birds
And children battle for scraps.
Hungry scavengers.
(yet Cascade made the front page????)

In Buenos Aires
They have mastered ice cream cones.
Argentines are proud.

Thirty-six hours
In Rio de Janeiro.
You can sign me up.

Is Seth Priebatsch a
Great entrepreneur or mood
Disordered? Uh, yes.

Mediate mortgage
Temporary solution.
Not much help at all.

Digg Social Network.
Better than facebook. But will
It get fighting chance?

A zillion friends and
few enemies. Movie out
About facebook's start.

Cuba resets the
Revolution. Government
Plans to cut workforce.

Risk management says
Parents worry about the
Wrong dangers. Reset.

Have a fantastic week, armed with all the news you can haiku! You are certain to have sparkling conversation at the water cooler today!

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman