My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, September 27, 2010

Oops, I forgot to tell you...but did you miss me?

I have been in Charlotte for the past four days for the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrator's Carolinas fall conference. Whew. That's a mouthful, and I got an earful. We talked about so many amazing books, so I posted a few here for you. And we talked a lot about craft, the children's book market, and making it as a writer. One of the sessions was about the importance of our presence on the internet. A presenter even went so far as to say that many editors google the writers whose work they are considering. So I began to think about my tired old blog format, and I jazzed it up a little. Do you like it? All for you, darling readers! Well, I'm off to bed for now, but I didn't want to go one more night without putting these awesome books up for you to check out. Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore or library! Reading with a child in your lap is precious time. Make sure you're reading the good stuff. Have a great night and more tomorrow!

And yes, the FAIR IS IN TOWN!!! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Donna Jones Koppelman said...

I made the correction on the picture. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and thanks for reading.


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman