My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ode to Boots

When the crispy fall winds
Sweep into town
I'm the first girl
To prance all around
in my boots.

You keep your flip-flops,
Stilettos, and crocs.
Loafers and tennis shoes
all require socks.
I love boots.

With skirts and with jeans
With dresses and pants
At church or at school
Or even to dance
I'll take boots.

They make me taller,
More substantial, it seems.
I play them pretty,
Or root for my teams
In my boots.

Indian summer
Best stay away
Once my boots come on
They're here to stay.
I'm wearing boots.

I've even been seen
Sauntering about
In a nightgown or slip
With boots on, no doubt,
I love boots.

Once as I got
Out of the bath
Saw a bug on the floor
And naked, don't laugh,
I got boots.

Yeah, I love boots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi!This was a really splendid subject!
I come from milan, I was luck to approach your topic in wordpress
Also I learn a lot in your theme really thank your very much i will come again


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman