My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, January 30, 2008

An Array of Interesting Tidbits

I've been a little out of sorts this week. Not sure why, maybe it's all the hot dishes and the ten pounds I've gained as a result. Those darn tater tots.
Anyway, I've been trying to figure out why, exactly, I've been so tired and out of it lately. So here goes:

1. As the mother of four, I'm responsible for the maintenance and inspection of 100 finger and toenails a day, including my own.
2. If everyone in my house wears one pair of socks a day (and they often wear more), then I'm washing and matching up at least 42 pairs of socks a week (84 socks!)
3. I check over approximately 32 homework assignments a week.
4. I schedule about 48 haircuts a year, deliver children to approximately 32 of them.
5. Just in the immediate family, I buy approximately 40 birthday gifts a year.
6. I prepare somewhere in the neighborhood of 1095 meals a year, approximately 91 a month.
Jeez, okay, that's enough.

I have this wierd kind of dizzy thing going on. I've been dizzy for about two days related, I think, to stopped up sinuses. Anyway, it feels like permanent bed spins, and you know how great that feels.

Okay, that's all for now. Gotta see if eating helps. djk

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman