My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Thursday, January 31, 2008

First Youth Group Ski Trip

My daughter is going on her first youth group ski trip. She seems awfully young to me, and I remember what went on when I went on ski trips. Of course, none of the shenanigans ever involved ME, but all the same. Normally my husband or I would chaperone, but we have a very important wedding to attend this week-end that we wouldn't miss for anything. So my ED is totally thrilled to be going without us, and it is probably good for her. But I'm nervous. Next year I'll feel better because #2 will be with her. Now I'm actually wishing we let her have a cell phone!
Now I'm obsessing. Plus, it shows a lack of faith to worry like this. Lord, please send a whole FLEET of angels with that kid.
I drove over to Manteo to get my haircut today. I just love the Outer Banks in the winter. It was quite cold, lower thirties, the sky was gray and the water rough. Many of the businesses were closed for the winter, but the barrier islands were just as beautiful as summer, and I felt like I could enjoy a private showing. Every time I go east to the ocean, I feel so relaxed. The first whiff of salt air just clears my head. I ran by the cottage to make sure no water was spurting out of it, and I just wanted to settle in for the afternoon. But sadly, I couldn't. So I need to plan a working trip soon to do some writing. I think I'd be a much nicer person if I did things like that more often.
I've lost my cell phone, and I'm very worried about it. Will all my readers please pray for me to find my cell? It may sound silly to you, but EVERYTHING is on it. My house is actually quite clean right now, and I can't find it anywhere.
Well, another boring blog. Maybe I should take a day or two off until I can grow my personality back. Sleep deprivation, I think.
Joke for the day: My friend confused her valium with her birth control pills. She has eight kids, but she doesn't care.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman