My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm Back

Well, I'm sorry I've been off for a few days. I've been quite preoccupied with coaching OM and my Bedtime Story Night, a literacy night I do at the school where I'm PTA president. It went well and was very well attended. Plus, we were able to give away from FABULOUS prizes thanks to my generous author friends who donated some cool signed books and such. The paperback book exchange was also a big hit, as always. Maybe I can post come pics tomorrow.

But here's the thing: I LOST two very important costumes for this event. The man in the yellow hat and the cat in the hat costumes. I lost them in my house somewhere in labeled giant ziploc bags. I have looked frantically for days and just never found them, so I have to do some major regrouping at the last minute. I'm way too overprogrammed, and I'm not proud of it. This incident is proof. I don't want to do something if I can't do it well, so I'm a little pissed at myself for losing those darn costumes. It worked out fine, though. But I'm determined to learn a lesson from this. What's the lesson?
1. Don't wait til the last minute to look for something just because you think you know where it is.
2. Don't bring home costumes that should be kept at school. Duh
3. Don't be so overprogrammed. It's selfish and idiotic.

I'm back to the querying. No answers yet except for the one publishing house that requested the first three chapters. I'm going to try to get several more out this week, finish the final edit, and then work on something new.

You know, this parenting stuff is hard. I feel like I fuss at my daughter all the time. I hate it. I'm trying to refrain, and I also think she's intentionally provoking me. Maybe she's just sick of me because of all the time we've been spending together lately with OM and everything.

Well, this blog is going nowhere tonight because my brain is dead. djk

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman