My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Thursday, March 20, 2008

Driving, Thinking, Creating

I spent all day today in my car. I drove several hours to pick up my darling niece and nephew, then drove them to the beach where my husband and kids will meet us in about fifteen minutes. (So I'm sneaking you in...heh, heh, heh)
The entire day consisted of me in the car [except for the 40 minutes in a sporting goods store trying to buy baseball pants for my son (I finally agreed on the white poly blend even though white stains terribly and polyester is gross AND gives him a rash), a baseball (did you know there are, like, 40 different baseballs? But lots of cute dads willing to help...), and baseball socks (tired of deliberating, I just grabbed a pair)]. The other 8 or so hours were just driving,and yes, my ankle hurts, but stop distracting me with all these asides! The point is I began to develop a new story idea which is a great time to drive all day. I did tons of fleshing out and napkin writing (safely, I promise) even while I ate my chicken salad with my fingers (forgot to get a fork). You know, I wonder if I should start this darn blog over and tell the other story, the one in parentheses! AARRGGHH.
I can't seem a make a point.

Let's just say, in the great words of the most brilliant music and lyricist pair in history, " Something's coming, something good..." I feel like I'm finally getting some direction for my next project. Wait til you hear...

You know what else is great about traveling all day? Besides talk radio, I love talk radio. Not being home to run for the mail to see if I have any Reverse Communications from the publishing world. Of course, there might be something good.

Anyway, have a wonderful Maundy Thursday (I guess it's not really supposed to be wonderful, but you have to admit, lamb is pretty good) I hope to be back with you before Easter.

And Liz, does this post finally prove, for once and for all, my ADHD? I feel it shows its colors after a day in the car! CREATING....xoxox to everyone.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Donna, I'm happy and excited for you (and me, because I'll get to critique it some day - I hope). There's nothing like that feeling when an idea blooms larger than life and overtakes everything else. So very glad you didn't crash into anything or anyone during all that creative flow! (It usually happens to me in the shower, which is probably a much safer place to be than careening down a freeway while licking chicken salad from your fingertips)

Dorothy said...

Can't wait to see something come through Onward!!


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman