My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Sunday, March 2, 2008

Odyssey of the Mind Regionals Week-end

What a week-end! I'll say more later, but I just wanted everyone to know that my Odyssey of the Mind team placed 2nd in regionals, and we're going to state in April! We were FIRST in the long term program (2/3) and fourth in spontaneous (1/3). I'm so proud of them. Here they are on the left. I stood up for a moment from my wheelchair, so it wouldn't show. My ankle hurt so badly Friday night, and it was hugely swollen and purple that I was thrilled to sit in that wheelchair but I didn't want it in the pic. I'm so proud of my kiddos!


More later. For now I've got a million things to do, and number one on my list is to love up my other three kids that I missed SO MUCH this week-end. Thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes. Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

Sara said...

That's awesome! I knew that ankle wouldn't hold you (or them) down. Woo-hoo!!


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman