My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just a Quickie/ SCBWI Carolinas Fall Conference

Only time for a quickie, but I wanted to tell you two things:
1. I started a 7 week marriage class today. Very interesting. More on that later.
2. I'm going to Durham tomorrow for the SCBWI Carolinas meeting. I have a crit with the brilliant Joyce Hostetter. I'm reading her book, BLUE, now, and I'm positively mesmerized. A more complete review will come soon. Anyway, she's reviewing my most recently completed novel (or part of it anyway), and I'm very excited to meet her. Also, I really need the motivation and inspiration that this conference always brings me. For my writer readers, I'll blog a bit of the conference as the week-end goes on. So please stay tuned. For my local readers, please keep an eye out for my dear husband this week-end who has major soccer and church duty while I'm gone. Poor guy will be dead Sunday night as it's a busy week-end.

Gotta run now and decide what to bring with me to this conference besides lots of sharpened pencils and my glasses. xoxo Have a great week-end.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman