My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Grateful Wed

1. Today I am grateful for my awesome carpool partner of 8 years. She drove this morning.
2. I am grateful because this morning, I 'lived the dream' for the first time. My carpool buddy drove, so I could stay in my jammies, drink coffee and write until nearly noon. Nirvana.
3. I am grateful that despite lots of other crazy things going on, I managed to get out 5--did you hear me? 5 subs this week already. Hooray for me!
4. Today I am grateful for all the rejections that I have no yet received. They will give me character.
5. I am grateful to be going to the SCBWI Carolinas meeting this week-end and meeting up with my precious friend, Bunny, whom I haven't seen since last year's meeting.
6. I am grateful that my daughter has just joined travel soccer.
7. I am grateful that my kindergartener is finally adjusting to his school schedule.
8. I am very grateful that my children have fabulous teachers and classes this year.
9. I am grateful to be keeping a good writing routine so far.
10. I am grateful that I had time to clean out my very gross car today. There's NOTHING like a clean car (okay, well, it's cleanER than it was)
11. I am grateful for my friend Leanne who brought me photo printer paper, so I could get those 5 submissions out!

Well, I've got to run. My dog is so stinky he's running me out of this room. Have a wonderful Grateful Wed. Share your blessings in a comment if you get the time. Being grateful builds our characters as much as rejection letters, don't you think?

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman