1. Today I am grateful for my awesome carpool partner of 8 years. She drove this morning.
2. I am grateful because this morning, I 'lived the dream' for the first time. My carpool buddy drove, so I could stay in my jammies, drink coffee and write until nearly noon. Nirvana.
3. I am grateful that despite lots of other crazy things going on, I managed to get out 5--did you hear me? 5 subs this week already. Hooray for me!
4. Today I am grateful for all the rejections that I have no yet received. They will give me character.
5. I am grateful to be going to the SCBWI Carolinas meeting this week-end and meeting up with my precious friend, Bunny, whom I haven't seen since last year's meeting.
6. I am grateful that my daughter has just joined travel soccer.
7. I am grateful that my kindergartener is finally adjusting to his school schedule.
8. I am very grateful that my children have fabulous teachers and classes this year.
9. I am grateful to be keeping a good writing routine so far.
10. I am grateful that I had time to clean out my very gross car today. There's NOTHING like a clean car (okay, well, it's cleanER than it was)
11. I am grateful for my friend Leanne who brought me photo printer paper, so I could get those 5 submissions out!
Well, I've got to run. My dog is so stinky he's running me out of this room. Have a wonderful Grateful Wed. Share your blessings in a comment if you get the time. Being grateful builds our characters as much as rejection letters, don't you think?
My Mission Statement
I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.