My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Redneck Poetry--Sappy and all

Tonight we had a snuggle night
I held my little baby tight
Except he tried to get away.
I guess he got too big today.

Kindergarten is a magical place
He's learned to flourish in his space
And he's also learned to be
Quite independent without me.

If only mommies had a way
To go away and spend a day
Playing,singing songs and such
We wouldn't miss our kids so much.

Then I returned to kiss goodnight
He grabbed my hand and held it tight
And I know, thank God above,
He's never too far from my love.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman