My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Grateful Wed

I have to say, everytime I open my blog and see that picture of our house with a pitiful little snow, I laugh out loud. I know our family in Minnesota and friends in other snowy places must crack up at how excited we were for such a puny bit of snow. But we really were thrilled, and that pic stays up until we have a better one with MORE SNOW!

In approximately four hours, 19 people are coming for a Christmas luncheon (everyone from my husband's practice). Right now, I'm in denial, and before I really begin to attack the amazing mess that occured as four children ate breakfast, I'm going to pause and be grateful because goodness knows, I have a great deal for which to be grateful.

Where do I even begin?
1. I'm very grateful that my mother and stepdad are in town for the week. It's great to see them and the kids love it when they come into their 'natural habitat'. This week is always crazy with the luncheon, school parties, etc., so they really get to see a slice of our life!
2. I'm very grateful for a lot of new friends made this year. I made some great friends at Chautauqua this summer who have been real blessings to me.
3. I'm grateful for ol' crackbook because it has enabled me to reconnect with tons of OLD friends.
4. I'm so thankful that my YS is finally starting to bounce back from his bout with pneumonia.
5. I'm thankful that, in this crazy economy, so many of our friends and family have found ways to fight through some really tough spots in their respective job fields.
6. I'm thankful for healthy, happy children who make me prouder every day.
7. I'm thankful for the privilege of coaching Odyssey of the Mind. It's so fun to watch these kids begin to click as a team.
8. I'm grateful that my children have such wonderful teachers this year.
9. I'm thankful for small town living where my kids can walk downtown to do their own secret Christmas shopping, see Twilight for the third time, and watch the new ice cream parlor taking shape.
10. I'm grateful for grace and mercy and enduring faith. For healthy parents and siblings and precious, encouraging friends.

Have a wonderful Wednesday. The next Grateful Wed will be Christmas Eve!!! Can you believe it? xoxox

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman