My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A New Discovery!

For those of you who don't already know, I LOVE XM radio. As much time as I spend running kids around in my car, I enjoy the breadth of choices available on XM, especially the talk radio because I'm a talk radio nerd. I love Dave Ramsey, Maya Angelou, Rabbi Scmuli (sp?), etc.

SO the big new discovery for me is there's a new channel called Book Radio. What could be better? It's channel 163 on XM, and it's all books all the time. Check it out. It's fabulous.

I love the holiday season, and I pledge to relax and enjoy it as much as possible with the children. I FINALLY planted paperwhites yesterday (yes, I know I'll be lucky to have them bloom by Christmas).

So here's my pledge so it's public, and you can hold me accountable:
1. Finish shopping early, then STOP. You know what I mean.
2. Continue daily Advent readings with the family at breakfast.
3. Cut myself some slack on other, extraneous stuff, and snuggle by the fire with the kids at least one night a week.
4. Decorate WITH the children. They're old enough. Get over this 'get it done' mentality, and let's enjoy the process together.
5. Be aware of people around me who need to be included in some of these things.
6. Take pictures!!!
7. Catch up on my Mommy journal. (Like when we left my dad's house the other night, he was outside waving good-bye, and my YS said, "Thank you for your patronage." Hilarious)

Have a great day, and please share other ways to snuggle up and ENJOY the holidays. xoxox

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman