My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

Things are crazy busy around here, but I wanted to wish you all a happy new year. I'm off running today with a little bit of writing and a lot of cleaning up. I wanted to alert you all to the Query Holiday at Firebrand Literary. For any and all of you out there looking for an agent, check out this site www.firebrandliterary.com/query-holiday. It's a great agency, and this query holiday might be a good chance to submit. Anyway, check it out, dear friends.

My trees are still up and decorated with no solution in sight. Hope we don't burn the house down. I've got my Omers today, so I'm trying to get some things set up for their practice.

I did lots of reading over Christmas. Did you? Let's hear from you! Please share what you read and whether or not you recommend it. I'd be interested. I just got The Book Thief, the Prinze Award winner, and I can't WAIT to start it. But miles to go before I read...

My kiddos went back to school today, and we were all ready. WE had a GREAT break, though, so a big shout out to all the people who hosted us for parties, overnight visits, feasts, and one brave family who hosted our ENTIRE FAMILY (and a few others) over New Year's. We love you all!

I've gotta run get carpool, Omers, etc., but I wanted to tell you all that I MISS you, and I'll try to get back on schedule this week. I'm in the need for a little Grateful Wed AND Poetry Friday. Come back and join me! xoxox

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman