My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Friday, February 20, 2009

Poetry Friday

I decided to do something different today for poetry Friday. I want you to choose a bit of poetry that best depicts your mood today. Now you have so many choices available at your fingertips, claim a verse for yourself today. I have actually chosen a couple of lines by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. I woke up this morning with these lines in my head, "Let us then be up and doing with a heart for any fate. Still achieving, still pursuing. Learn to labor and to wait." These lines speak to me in a big way in regard to my writing. I'm doing a lot of laboring and waiting these days.

Last night I read the entire manuscript of my new mg novel, finished it late, and then fell asleep with it literally beside me. (I'm at the cottage by myself for a scrapbooking thing I'm attending today) All night long I dreamed about my story, my characters, my story arcs. It was the coolest thing. Like seeing the movie. I learned a great deal about the story, its gaping holes and strong parts. I woke up EARLY with a lot of good ideas AND a little Longfellow in my heart.

So I wish you a wonderful, poetry-filled day. Read something fabulous, write something fabulous, and kiss someone fabulous, and your day will be complete.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman