My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The B Word

I am completely and totally disgusted with The Bachelor. NOw, I must say that I NEVER watch this show. NEVER. I've not seen one episode this season, BUT...my husband said everyone in his office was talking about it. SO we watched the finale and 'After the Rose' last night. I have to say, I have never been so disgusted in my life. He dumps this girl on television for the world to see, then he immediately begins kissing another girl on the same sofa who accepts it???? What???? And I can't even believe the show would champion such a thing. They should be ashamed to promote it. Anyway, I was so disgusted that I couldn't turn it off, like the car wreck you don't really want to see but you can't stop looking. It made me kind of sick. I'm wondering about the ratings this morning.

Anyway, it makes me think about how the garbage we take in through all kinds of media plays a huge role in the people we are. If that's true (and we all know it is), then what kind of people are we to watch that crap. All I kept thinking about is how humiliated is mother must be to know she raised a cad like that, and now everyone knows it. Jeez Louise!

So my son told me this morning that something was hurting him on his belly. I said, "Inside or outside?" He said, "Outside." So I looked all around on his belly, felt around his belly, and said, "I don't feel anything."

He exhaled loudly and said,"Of course not. It's not YOUR belly." Which made me laugh so hard. And it also reminds me of something else funny he said this week-end. WE were talking about Obama and the presidency and everything because the kids had all been studying presidents for President's Day and everything, and my oldest daughter said to my 5YO, "You could be president one day."

He said," I don't want to be president. It's too dangerous. People shoot at you all the time. Even at the movies."

ha ha ha

I got a really great rejection letter yesterday, and for those of you who are NOT writers, a really good rejection letter is a big deal. So I'm pretty happy about that, as crazy as it sounds.

I'm feeling myself slide deeply into my OM fog. Regional tournament is next Saturday, so say a prayer for all my sweet 'ums. They're working hard.

Have a good week. Hope your day is as beautiful and sunny as mine (although it's very cold).

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Oh, I just love it that you watched that rotten show with me last night. The TV was on, I had the computer on my lap and of course saw it out of the corner of my eye. First time I've seen it this year. It was so ghastly, I couldn't make the effort to go find the clicker and just sat dumbfounded while that big baby went through his routine. "You can't help what you feel. You have to be true to your feelings." Crap, crap and more crap. I doubt his mother cringed. She taught him to be self centered, etc.

But you know what I think? They had it all planned the way it turned out. The girl who got the ring was happy and the other girl knew what was going on and just went home to New Zealand temporarily. You know the TV program people loved it. It had to be good to get all that buzz for the program ratings.

What do you want to bet this latest liason bursts like a bubble before it's all over? He's not capable of a mature relationship and when she finds out he's a baby through and through, she'll be through with him.


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman