Ah...grateful Wednesday. I had my teeth cleaned and they feel luscious. I've spent all afternoon reworking a pb manuscript, then researching agents for submission. Two rejections today, one agent wrote that this project wasn't right for his list, so he would 'step aside', so someone else could have a shot at it. Now when you've received as many rejection letters as I have, you hear the same phrases over and over and let me tell you, 'step aside' isn't one of them. I tell you, the reason I actually submitted to this guy (I suspected it wasn't a fit) was because I'd *heard* he wrote colorful rejections. I wasn't disappointed. When someone 'steps aside', you don't even mind a bit. It's almost like he did me a favor. I wanted to thank him, rather than be disappointed. Now that's a guy I want in my court. Too bad he 'stepped aside'.
This week for Grateful Wed, I'd like to make a list of my favorite things. These things give me great pleasure.
1. Flight of the Conchords- I LOVE these guys, love the show, love them on youtube (check out It's Business Time on youtube)
2. Big Love- This show just completely freaks me out on so many levels, but I LOVE it. Sister-wives? I can *almost* see it.
3. Diet Coke with lime--just makes my mid-afternoon every day.
4. Talking about books and writing with school kids
5. Chapel Hill, NC
6. A new toothbrush
7. Brach's maple nut goodies-can't get enough. I eat them until my jaw aches.
8. An unexpected success in another person
9. Children sprinting with all of their might
10. a Kindle (or at least I think it would--I mean, an unending supply of books in my hand???)
Of course, there are millions of other things, but that's just a gratefulness jumping off point...
Be grateful, too! Have a great week!
My Mission Statement
I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.