My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Morning

On Monday morning, everyone has a hard time getting up. Then once they're up, everyone seems to be searching for their shoes, book bags, and so on. After an exciting week-end, things are a little scattered. But they eventually get it all together, with my help, and head off into the world.

Then I wave good-bye, and think, "What in the hell happened here?" The house is a wreck, the laundry room is full of dirty clothes, no one quite got their bed made this morning, dogs didn't get fed, etc. I feel more like a stay-at-home-maid than a stay-at-home-mom. I have a million things to do this morning, all of which concern the kids and none of which concern the house--that's another million things. At any rate, I've been 'momming' all week-end, coaching an om team, trying to teach sunday school (no one showed), and so on, so I'm tired and sick. And my house is a wreck. I just hate that. Right now, I find it impossible to imagine that I can possibly conjure up the energy and momentum I need to clean this house, but I also find it impossible to imagine leaving it like this.

What I really want to do is read my manuscript all the way through for the first time. I printed it out last week, and it's calling me. I even have my little notebook ready for notes.

On the upside, my Odyssey of the Mind team took first place in regions. Woo hoo. I'm very proud of them and all their hard work. They're great kids. But that means we go to state in three weeks which is another thing altogether. Regional competition was very little competition this year--there was really only one other team who had a strong long term. Last year regionals was ten times tougher, so I know we're in for a wake-up call at state.

All that said, you and I both know that I need to get OFF this computer and go clean my house! Hope you all have a great Monday! xoxox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget cleaning. Read first.
--Jody

Dorothy said...

Jody's got a point, but it would make me crazier to have to live in the aftermath of the cyclone.

Maybe just straighten up some and leave vacuuming and dusting alone. Then read.

Cause if you're like me,the kids will be home from school before you get half way through, if you start making notes.

BTW, did the Hispanic high school girl read it? How did that work out?


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman