My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grateful Wed- Time to count our blessings! Join me

I am grateful for the following:
1. For Claritin, the pollen is KILLING me
2. that I found tickets to a play that I thought I'd LOST
3. safe travels to NYC and back
4. a wonderful time with my mom and sister
5. lots of birthdays this week
6. a band concert last night for my girls
7. summer is coming!!
8. healthy children and parents

I'm nearing the end of the school year, and panic mode threatens to take over. I have so many deadlines to meet before school's out, it's crazy. Not to mention the things that must be done to prepare for summer. AARRGGHH!

Anyway, I'm grateful that the kids have had another good year at school with good teachers and some great experiences. Blah, blah, blah

My house is a wreck. How do people keep their houses clean? I mean, really. They must have some kind of chip in their brain that I just DO NOT HAVE. I mean, my house isn't dirty, just cluttered, you know? I think I'll do my house blessing today since I didn't do it Monday. When I do a house blessing (like FlyLady--man, do I love her), I take a garbage bag around the house and throw away 100 things. Sometimes, I get real fired up and throw away 200 things or more. And I'm ruthless. I think our house needs a blessing. You know, I think we could save the planet with simply one change, no more plastic toys from McDonalds. They're EVERYWHERE!! And we don't even go to McDonalds very often. Somehow they reproduce. All those XMen and Polly Pockets make broken arm babies, unidentifiable plastic pieces, and they're usually sharp and in your walking path when you're barefooted. I used to have a rule that the kids couldn't take them out of the car, they were, like, car toys, and I'd throw them all away whenever we got gas, but now they've got pockets.

So American Idol: I just can't resist. Three GREAT GUYS left. I love each of them, and I don't want anyone to go. Is anyone out there following it? We're definitely an Idol-watching family. Who do you LOVE? I think that cute crooked-jaw Kris might just pull it out. I think Adam fans might make too many assumptions (that he would, of course, win because he's so brilliant and talented and NICE--don't you love how he's always thanking everyone? Classy kid. His mom must be so proud.) And then the young widower Danny Gokey. He looks kind of like Gary STanley to me (for all you Edentonians), so we're all, like, Go Gary! Who wouldn't love Gary/Danny? Ohhh, it's so hard. I can never remember it being so HARD in the top 3! And one more thing, is Kara getting on your last nerve?

Anyway, love you guys to pieces. Comment every now and then, so I know you're out there. And how about that cool riddle yesterday?

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman