My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pre-School Panic and August Sweats

I'm starting to get the August sweats. Truly, I wake up at night in a sweat. I suddenly think of the million things to do and begin to sweat. I look down the barrel of the kids starting school and know that I must get back to work-big time, and I start to sweat. Writing about it RIGHT NOW is bringing on the sweats. AARRGGHH!

But it's also a very precious time. I want to shut the world out and hold my kids a bit closer before the world of school and schedules closes in on us. I want to look at their sweet freckly faces and too long summer hair and suntans and be grateful for a safe and happy summer. The kids are about to go up to a new grade with new expectations and new things to learn. Like it or not, they will grow and change with this school year. Never again, will my family be at this stage. It's sad and I feel a little panic. Can't I slow it down? Have I loved them enough and in the right way? Have I played with them enough? Are they having the magical childhood I've dreamed for them? ARe they getting the values, the spiritual groundedness, that they so need? Do they know how very beautiful and clever and kind and precious they are? Can they say no when they need to? And do they know that I will love them no matter what?

I feel so blessed by this dear family of mine. How could I ever want for more?

Have a wonderful day, enjoy your sweet ones, and spread the love. xoxox

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman