My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, August 17, 2009

SOUPER MONDAY

We're home from an absolutely wonderful (but quick and exhausting) trip to Asheville. We got in late Friday and left pretty early yesterday, but it was great nonetheless. We celebrated a birthday, the closing of a toy store, a fabulous new garden space, and rock climbed. Okay, some of us did. Chris and I visited this very cool champagne and book bar downtown that I would like to duplicate in my own home! I'll probably tell you more about this very eventful trip as the week goes on, but today I want to tell you about a project our family is doing beginning TONIGHT.

SOUP NIGHT. Starting tonight, our family will eat a can of(okay, maybe two cans) soup and crackers for dinner every Monday night with water to drink. Then we will donate what we would have spent on a 'regular' family dinner to our local food pantry. Times are tough right now, and food pantries all over the country are at an all time low. While they appreciate our canned goods, they are also in dire need of cash. So I challenge you to consider joining the Koppelman family with SOUP NIGHT EVERY MONDAY. If your food bank is full, please consider sending your weekly donation to the Edenton Food Pantry.

IF your family decides to join us in this project, let me know on this blog, and we'll come up with something to send you. I would LOVE to have ten families from all over join us on this project. Think about it.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman