My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Huge Glob of Toothpaste on my Wall

As you come down the stairs to the first floor, I have beautiful cream-colored wallpaper with an open lattice design. But for the last couple of weeks (yes, scary, isn't it?), there has been a big glob of toothpaste on the wall. How did toothpaste get onto the wall on the staircase? It's miles away from the bathrooms and certainly from anywhere anyone would brush his or her teeth, so why is there toothpaste on the wall?

That, my friends, is just the question I've been asking my children daily with no response. No one knows how that tooth paste got there. But I'm NOT cleaning it off until there's a confession, except this has gone on a little long. But wouldn't you notice if you had a huge glob of toothpaste on your hand and then smeared it on the wall? OR if it was on the corner of someone's mouth, wouldn't he or she recall kissing the wall? The whole thing is stupid, but it's making me mad because #1 I'm tired of looking at toothpaste on the wall (although my youngest son argues that it reminds him to brush his teeth) and #2 someone knows something about this toothpaste, I'm convinced of it.

But today, I'm going to give up on the toothpaste because I have other more important items to contend with these days. But it is with much annoyance that I will remove that damn toothpaste today. Hope my YS will still brush his teeth.

What is your 'toothpaste on the wall'? Is there something gross in your life that you need to get rid of? Because here's the truth, every time I see that toothpaste I get annoyed all over again. Some stupid part of me keeps it there to torture myself. What else am I keeping around to torture myself? Too small clothes, for sure. Baby clothes. Furniture that needs new upholstery. Old halloween costumes that need new homes.

So as I clean the toothpaste off the wall, I pledge to think of all the other things I need to get out of my house. To free me up. So I don't get annoyed every time I pass it. Thank God my husband isn't on that list.

Have a great week and watch out for toothpaste on the wall.

p.s. I am going out of town today for five days. I will most likely not blog again until Sunday at the soonest, then I promise to be back with wonderful stories to share. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too many things to mention, Ms. Donna. I'm working on some of my toothpaste globs today, matter of fact. :)

peace,
Donna E.

maureen said...

Bloggers with cute kids are cheaters--it's too easy to get material!


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman