I've been compromised by an Australian. Sounds kind of sexy, doesn't it? Well, it's NOT!
I spent two and a half hours this morning removing a virus from my computer. I could feel my blood pressure pushing through the roof. But I have to say, that Jeff was so helpful at mediacom this morning. And patient. Given the fact that I had responded to a spam e-mail that caused the whole thing. So here's my warning. I've taken all the things I did wrong and put them in the form of Redneck Tips. READ CAREFULLY.
Redneck Tips for Not Wasting a Whole Morning Taking a Virus off Your Computer
1. Don't let your virus protection plan run out (duh)
2. Don't use just any virus protection plan--make sure the one you have works
3. Don't respond to an e-mail that claims to be from mediacom or whomever your provider may be even if it has the official symbol, etc.
4. Change your passwords on a regular basis
5. If you try to e-mail something, and it says you've maxed out the number of e-mails you can send in a day, you're in big trouble. That means someone has hijacked your address and sent out MILLIONS of spam e-mails. Nice, huh?
Since I've spent half the morning doing THAT, I'm behind on everything else! So I'll catch you later. Have a GREAT day and use protection when you engage in computer intercourse.
My Mission Statement
I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.