My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, December 21, 2009

Stuck in the Drive Thru

I went to the bank today and got stuck in the drive thru. Like totally stuck at the window. My car just shut off. There were two people in line behind me (and many supporters who drove by and honked, thanks for that) as I waited for help to arrive. The locks were stuck and everything, so at first I couldn't get out of the car at all which kind of freaked me out. However, I got a window down and crawled out to wait. After numerous attempts to jump my car, I finally had to slowly drive out of the drive thru with the hood up and some kind of jumper battery thing attached to my car. (because the tow truck couldn't get my car from the drive-thru) They assured us they were coming right over, but my car is STILL where I left it. I'm going to call again.

Today was the first day with kids out of school, and my house was crawling with kiddos, but now it's a mess. The hot chocolate machine has run non-stop. You know, I kind of laughed at that gift last year, but we use it all the time on a day like this one. It was a beautiful, beautiful day but very cold, so it came in handy.

Neighbors keep bringing goodies and treats, so the kids are just in hog heaven. They've been playing outside all day, but now they're finally back inside collapsed on the sofa (sugar crash, probably). I've got a yummy roast cooking in the crock pot and plans for a quiet night by the fire. Wonder if the kids will cooperate.

Well, this blog entry is going from bad to worse. Nowhere as good as Vanessa is a ho yesterday. Oh, well. Catch ya later.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman