I was thinking this morning that I've laughed an awful lot this week. So many things have struck me funny in the past few days, so I'm going to try and share a few.
1. It struck me as HILARIOUS when Conan O'Brien said, "Kids, you can be anything you want in life, as long as Jay Leno doesn't want to be that, too."
2. It struck me funny yesterday when my 9 year old said, "Sometimes a man just needs a day to relax."
3. "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, looking like a fool with your pants on the ground" The first time I heard it on American Idol it was hilarious and then when Brett Favre did it (as a dare) in the locker room after the game on Sunday, that was funny, too. What's even funnier is all the people going around singing it!
4. It struck me funny when my dog got his head stuck between the sofa and the wall trying to get his ball. (okay, I didn't laugh so long that he suffered)
5. It was funny how TRULY AWFUL the host of the Golden Globes was. I mean, in a room of all these talented celebrities, this Gervais guy was the best they could do?
6. It's hilarious that the library can charge 3X the value of a paperback book in overdue fees. Think about it. It's ridiculous.
I hope they were funny for you, too. Or maybe I'm just losing it. The kids are out of school for three days this week, and I feel like I'm in the never-ending Christmas break for some reason. My weeks between Christmas break and this week were so busy and full that they just flew by.
I'm going to NYC NEXT WEEK for a SCBWI conference, and I can't wait! Every conference I've attended, I've said, "The next time I go, I'll have an agent" or "The next time I go, I will have sold a book." It's exciting for me to go in these circumstances. And I can't wait to hang with Jody.
Have a great Tuesday, and I hope something strikes you as funny today. If so, please share!
My Mission Statement
I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.