My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Friday, January 22, 2010

The Other Woman

I'm a little slow to catch on to things sometimes, so I might be the last to notice this other woman. All I know is every night Chris brings HER to bed and barely notices if I'm there or not. I try to get him to watch a movie or engage in a conversation, but every time I look at him, his hands are on HER!!! If he has a spare moment, he spends it with HER. He tries to act like it's for business or paying bills or something, but I have come to realize that he really loves HER. Now I know he loves me, too; it's not like he'd throw everything away for HER. But still, something's gotta give.

A friend warned me about HER. She said, if you let your husband near HER, you're gonna need counseling or at least an intervention of some kind. It's a slippery slope. And the thing is, I have to admit that I love HER, too. But she's all his. My husband said he wouldn't mind if I went into a similar relationship, but I don't think we can afford TWO of HER. She's pretty expensive, and it would require a lot of changes in my work life, family life and so forth. And what if I got sucked in like him?

So for now, I'll stick with my PC. But if any of you have husbands who want to get a Mac, be warned, SHE is like a drug. Men can't get enough of HER.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Very funny. I think you've chosen the right profession.

Anonymous said...

me too!

Liz said...

My DH is not interested in HER at all, thank goodness! I'm gonna be very watchful the next time he is around YOUR DH, however.


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman