My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday-Time to Haiku the News!

Daylight savings time
Threw our family for a loop
Longer days to come.

Why is it front page
News when people take on debt?
American way.

Of course, that's why we're
In this mess. But let's not act
Surprised. How's that news?

Don't hang around the
Texas border. Mexicans
with guns. Will use them.

Speeding Lexus risk
Now they all have an excuse
To fly on past me.

New surfing takes flight.
Less on water, more in air.
Cool new tricks to come.

My son is home sick
Wicked cold. It came on fast.
Hope he's better soon.

Computers crashing
All around me. Two this week.
Nervously writing.

Have a great Monday! Haiku the news of your own! Check in with you tomorrow to announce the Urinelle winner! Woo Hoo!

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman