My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My 500th Blog! I can't believe it!

Wow! My 500th blog! Unbelieveable to me on so many levels. Let me just share a few with you.
1. I can't believe I've stuck with it
2. I can't believe you read it!
3. I can't believe how much I miss it when I don't do it.

Okay, I've been not blogging for a few days because 1. my computer crashed 2. my FAMILY computer crashed 3. It was my 500th blog, and so I had to take some time to download some early blogs onto a word file because blogspot can only hold 500 at a time, so I was afraid I would lose some. I think I'm going to have them bound in some way, so I have them as a memory. (closest thing I'll ever get to scrapbooking--ha) 4. OH, the pressure of the 500th blog!

So I've decided to just have a party today. Let us all relax and have fun. What do you think? May I take your coat? Have a drink, a little something to eat, and I'll share some of my favorite blogs with you. Yes, I made the crabcakes myself, thank you. And it's never too early for champagne.

Thank you all for coming and supporting me these past 499 blogs. I have readers in a half dozen countries and about a dozen states. My readership has grown slowly and steadily over the past three years despite the fact that I offer nothing of any redeeming value (except the book recommendations--they're all awesome--have you noticed I just don't mention the books I don't really care for). So I'd like to give you a list of MY personal favorite blogs. I may not get the exact title correct, but I'll give you the gist.

10. Urinelle. I know it's recent, but that product blew my mind. I just had to share it, and I think it was informative and educational for us all.
9. Wizard of Oz Fall Carnival. That one takes me back to PTA president days.
8. Just when you think you have it all together. From December of 2007 when I was snuggled up in bed, bragging to my husband that I had all the Christmas finished, wrapped, ready to go, and we could just relax and enjoy the next four days until Christmas. Then my son starts throwing up from the top bunk all over the dog. When I rush in the room, the dog shakes...and it goes from there.
7. Toilet shopping with my son when he was 4.
6. All my Chautauqua entries--that was such a special week, and I love to 'revisit' it through those blog entries. What a life-changing experience for a writer.
5. Calling Liz and Other Amateur Dream Interpreters. I had several dream interpretations that were very fun.
4. The Other woman. (about my husband's macbook) I got dozens of calls and emails about this one.
3. Here Go Your Thang. My proposal to start a national movement promoting good grammar in fast food restaurants.
2. Bahamian Food. (not sure if that was the title, but the morning my daughter woke me up asking if we had any Bahamian food 'lying around' because she was supposed to bring some for Social Studies.
1. My very favorite blogs have been my Grateful Weds. I've never failed to have my attitude adjusted by these blessings. And so many of you have emailed me your lists, too; many of them bringing me to tears.

Woo hoo! So thank you all for 500 times together. I look forward to the next 500. Feel free to stay and, oh, I almost forgot! I have something in the oven for you, so please don't leave until you've had a bite. Oh, and the chocolate fountain is fabulous. You know, cyber-sweets doing count during Lent! Have another glass of champagne and hang around to celebrate. I wouldn't have anything to celebrate without YOU, my faithful reader. xoxox

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman