My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Thursday, March 25, 2010

Can't Always Get What You Want and Bucket List

I know it's human nature to think that the grass is always greener on the other side. I mean, everyone else's car always seems cleaner, their children better behaved in church, and their haircut better, right? But I'm starting to think this applies to animals, too. Case in point.

My dogs are constantly trying to eat cat food out of the cat's bowl on the back porch. I'm always taking it away from them, setting it up high, and shooing them away. And their food bowl, which is inside, constantly tempts the cat. Mickey comes in the house and makes a beeline for the dog's bowl and starts eating it, so I'm always taking it from her, etc. Well, yesterday I was just sick of it. They were all annoying me because no one had eaten breakfast and all they wanted was the other one's food, so I gave up. I put cat food in the dog's bowls inside and dog food in the cat's bowl outside, brought the dogs in, put the cat out, thinking they'd be thrilled. But NO! They just looked at me like I was crazy. Neither of them ate that, either! Apparently, all they want is to eat what belongs to someone else!! Sheesh.

That said. I told my husband the other night that I had begun a Bucket List, only not like everyone else's Bucket List. I decided that my list would include things I want to be sure NOT to do before I die. So maybe you can help me add to it. This is what I have so far...

THINGS I HOPE TO NEVER DO
1. Use illegal drugs
2. Get a divorce
3. Climb Mt. Kilamanjaro
4. Get stuck in a tunnel in a car (I can hardly breathe just thinking about it)
5. Wear shoes that hurt my feet
6. Grow obese
7. Pay bail

It's just a start, but it's an interesting thing to think about. Think about your Bucket List, and let me know what's on yours. Have a great Thursday. I'm off to nurse my sinus infection and write, write, write.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman